Short Course 02B
The G-Cubed Toolbox: Capturing Full Value from Public-Domain Microdiamond Data
Presenter: Herman Grütter (SRK Consulting) & Invited Practitioners (TBA)
Date: POST-SC02B takes place on Saturday, 20 August 2022.
Duration: One day
Registration: The registration fee is $700 (CAD; ~$525 USD) per person. 12 IKC registrants will enjoy priority placement in POST-SC02B from 09 August 2021 until 31 January 2022. Places remaining thereafter will be offered to non-IKC parties after 28 February 2022 (so express your interest). Potential surplus proceeds of POST-SC02B (after expenses) will be donated in support of earth science education in Canada.
Location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Description: Classroom presentations at professional development level covering basic and advanced analysis of published materials, specifically including public-domain microdiamond data (and relevant macrodiamond data). A maximum of 20 attendees will examine and discuss real-world datasets selected to inform these topics:
- What is a microdiamond and where do microdiamonds come from ?
- Andy Davy’s 1989 PhD thesis and the enduring Argyle paradigm
- Microdiamond variance & under/oversampling: What is your sampling objective ?
- Microdiamond count rates, outliers, nuggets & the “One is None” story
- Will the real average stone size please step forward ?
- What is “sptui” & why do we need it ? Why do three versions exist ?
- Log-normal models, log-scale errors, and relationships with bulk sampling
- Examples of micro/macrodiamond grade models & related (macro)grade forecasts
- How do benchmarked (macro)grade estimates differ from model-grade forecasts ?
- Astounding growth of microdiamond sampling in resource expansion programs