The 12th International Kimberlite Conference (12 IKC) will celebrate ‘30 Years of Diamonds in Canada’, during which hundreds of kimberlites were discovered across Canada, leading to the opening of seven mines and Canada becoming one of the top three diamond producers in the world (by value).
The field trip information provided here should be considered as provisional. The website will be updated as new information becomes available. All persons undertaking field trips do so at their own risk. Field trip participants should anticipate being required to complete waivers of liability or indemnity forms as required by properties being visited especially the operating mines.
12 IKC is planning the following field trips.
- Northwest Territories Diamond Mines – Barrett Elliott
- Kimberlites Across Canada – Jennifer Pell and Malcolm Robb
- Slave Craton Geology – Hendrik Falck
- Northwest Territories Kimberlite Drill Core Collection – Scott Cairns
- Advances in Drift Prospecting for Kimberlite in Canada – David Sacco
Field Trip Co-ordinator: Barrett Elliott