12 IKC IS POSTPONED TO 2022
The 12th International Kimberlite Conference is postponed to 15 – 19 August 2022.
The postponement reflects the COVID-19 situation and resulting difficult times for the diamond industry together with the goal of maintaining the symbiotic mix of industry and academia that makes International Kimberlite Conferences unique. This change has the full support of the International Kimberlite Conference Advisory Committee.
The intention is to host the 12 IKC at the same venues in Yellowknife, with the same scientific programme, field trips, short courses and social events, but delayed by one year.
Please check back here frequently for updates or stay informed through the 12 IKC mailing list.
Have You Booked Your Accommodation?
If you have booked your accommodation with Explorer or Nova Hotels, please do not cancel as the hotels will move your reservation at the same room rate to the equivalent 2022 dates.
If you booked your accommodation with other 12 IKC hotels, please do not cancel, but wait for further instructions to be provided in due course. There will be delays in communication as many hotels have reduced their workforce and ceased operations in response to COVID-19.
- Important Dates, Registration, Field Trips and Short Courses Pages Updated with New Dates
- Social Programme and Accompanying Persons Programme Pages Updated with New Dates
- Sponsorship Opportunities Page Updated with New 12 IKC Sponsorship Opportunities Flyer
- Financial Support Page Updated with New Dates and New 12 IKC Financial Support Application
- New 12 IKC Conference Flyer, 12 IKC Conference Flyer Updated and 12 IKC Conference Poster Added to Downloads Page
- New 12 IKC Financial Support Application and 12 IKC Sponsorship Opportunities Flyer Added to Downloads Page
- Registration Page added with provisional Conference Registration Fees: registration opens in less than a year, so start planning!
- Technical Programme updated: see changes to the way that the Technical Programme is organised compared to previous IKCs
- Conference Venues confirmed
- Field Trips updated including announcing provisional fees: an opportunity to see all operating Canadian diamond mines and more!
- Short Courses updated including provisional fees: 12 IKC is the first IKC to offer Short Courses
- Accommodation updated including preferred 12 IKC rates and reasonable cancellation policies: the hotel links are open and we strongly recommend you book now because there are a limited number of hotel rooms especially in the conference venues and August is one of Yellowknife’s busiest months
- Social Programme updated
- Accompanying Persons Programme added
- Social Media added: Follow 12 IKC on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- 12 IKC Conference Flyer Updated added to Downloads page
Significant Updates to:
Significant Updates to:
15 March 2018
- Website Launched